Thursday, November 13, 2008

Northrend Day 1

Northrend Day 1

Hello everyone, this is Stardancer of Off the Beaten Path, and this is what I am doing in Northrend. If you didn’t know, my main character is a feral druid, named Stardancer.

When I finally got the expansion installed and updated (I won’t go into details about the trouble I had with that), I immediately took Star to Stormwind, boarded the boat in the new harbor and sailed to Northrend.

Arriving at the Valiance Keep in Borean Tundra, I knew there would be upgrades to tradeskills and the like, so I upgraded my cooking, fishing, alchemy, herbing, and first aid. Star is an alchemist, so getting those 5 or 6 new recipes right off the bat, made my day.

I stumbled upon a Stable Master south behind the barracks. Not sure why I felt the need to click on him being a druid and all, but I am glad I did. He gives you back quest pets you may have lost or gotten rid of. For Star, she got back her MiniWing that I unfortunately had to delete when space was a premium.

Most players I could see where busy in their starting quests. But for your's truly, I was already off exploring and started by heading due east of the Keep. Stardancer is currently making a home at Star’s Rest (an apt name in my opinion) in Dragonblight -- hanging with the Valiance Expedition and the Winter’s Sisters, the new winter dryads.

One of my friends pointed out the beauty of how the snow in these regions were graphically displayed… with bits of grass and rocks visible here and there. This reminds me of snowy terrain you would see in real life when the seasons of fall and winter are vy for the landscape.

Anyway, that’s what I am doing in Northrend…
Can’t wait to see what else I find for tomorrow.

Have fun everyone!